- What does Michigan have that Ohio doesn’t?
- What do Texas, Massachusetts, California, and the Virgin Islands have in common? (hint: It’s not the weather.)
- What does $943,445,837 represent?
- According to the United States Department of Labor, a solvent unemployment insurance trust fund as of January 1, 2019.
- The only four state funds with a lower unemployment insurance trust fund rating than Ohio.
- Ohio’s unemployment insurance trust fund balance as of January 1, 2019. To put this in perspective, Ohio borrowed nearly $3.4B from the federal government since 2008 to pay benefits that Ohio’s system could not provide on its own.
The Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce’s 2019-2020 public policy agenda calls on legislators to implement a long-term solvency solution to the state’s unemployment compensation system. We look forward to working with them to make this a reality.