Bachelor’s degree (required)
At least three to five years of experience in business development, accounting and/or financial forecasting (preferred)
Full Job Description
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce is seeking motivated individual who has experience and knowledge of financial forecasting & accounting and enjoys working with businesses of various sizes, types and stages of development to help them maximize their opportunities for success. This individual should be someone who is driven to get things done, takes initiative, and is enthusiastic to work with business owners and SBDC team members.
The small business advisor fosters a strong climate for business growth by providing in-depth, confidential, no-cost business counseling, training, and resource and referral services to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Provide counseling or e-counseling that includes feasibility, financial, regulatory, and operational guidance and technical assistance on the various aspects of starting or expanding a successful small business including but not limited to:
- Analyzing the specific business and industry data in finance, marketing, management and operations
- Providing guidance and training in the development of business plans and financial projections to small businesses
- Calculating, preparing and interpreting historical and projected financial statements
- Troubleshooting to identify problems and areas for improvement
- Providing guidance in loan packaging to pre-venture, startup, or existing businesses
- Analyzing marketing plans and providing guidance on social media optimization
- Develop a resource network to be used in providing referrals to appropriate resources
- Ensure timely and accurate counseling data input into CRM management system
- Promote the SBDC program and advocate for small business through public presentations
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to SBA, Ohio Development Services Agency, banks, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, educational institutions, and public officials
Learn more and apply today!