We are searching for the next Vice President of Business Development Services/Small Business Development Center Director. The successful incumbent enjoys creative problem-solving and achieving business results through building rapport and relationships. This role requires a motivating team leader who is goal oriented and thrives on multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
General Summary: Direct the operations of the Small Business Development Center and related programs including TASBA (Toledo Area Small Business Association).
If you think you are the leader we are looking for, read on to lean more and apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter (one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: Business Development Services
Supervisor: Executive Vice President
General Summary: Direct the operations of the Small Business Development Center and related programs including TASBA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to clients as proposed in the annual SBDC budget and in accordance with grant agreement.
- Responsible for the development of SBDC annual budget in accordance with SBDC grant agreement.
- Responsible for grant compliance including fiscal and programmatic reporting.
- Attend state meetings, trainings and national ASBDC conference as required.
- Responsible for marketing the programs and services of the SBDC program.
- Responsible for the development of collaborative services with other agencies within the region.
- Provide staff support for the TASBA Board of Directors.
- Fulfill reporting requirements to the Chamber Board of Trustees, including attending meetings.
- Develop training events and seminars to meet the needs of SBDC clients.
- Responsible for staff oversight and development in accordance with Chamber policies and grant requirements.
- B.A. or B.S. or Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Obtain Certified Business Advisor credential
- Ability to demonstrate competency in business plan development, financial analysis including ratio analysis, developing and interpreting financial statements, market analysis and management assessment.
- Prior business ownership/operation preferred.
- Strong management skills
- Proven ability to work well with staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performance by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person.