Chairman and CEO
Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management
Michael R. Wilcox, founder of Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management, is a rare breed among financial advisors. Knowledgeable and trustworthy, personable and passionate, Mr. Wilcox provides high-level specialized financial advice for his diversified clientele. Wilcox Financial is a diversified financial services and consulting company with a long tradition of excellence and growth.
Mr. Wilcox is a financial advisor with authenticity, borrowing from his experience as a three-time All-American athlete in recognizing uncultivated opportunities for his clients. He founded Wilcox Sports Management in 2001 to deliver financial, investment, tax and estate planning advice to over 300 football and basketball coaches, university presidents, athletic directors and conference commissioners throughout the country. His personal athletic accomplishments in lacrosse, hockey and football are recognized in the Ohio Lacrosse Hall of Fame, and the Athletic Halls of Fame of Bowling Green State University, the Peddie School and Ithaca High School.
INDUSTRY ACHIEVEMENTS AND EXPERTISE
For more than three and a half decades, Mr. Wilcox has been a member of the Top of the Table, which consists of the top one tenth of one percent of the world’s financial service professionals. Mr. Wilcox also served on the board of this organization. Mr. Wilcox is an expert and authority in the areas of financial, estate and compensation planning. He is also a renowned author and speaker and has spoken to groups in over 25 countries and 35 states.
| || |
- The Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors
- The Culver Academies Board of Trustees
- The Toledo Symphony Orchestra Board of Trustees
- Lou Holtz/Upper Ohio Valley Hall of Fame Board of Trustees
- Falcon Club (Bowling Green State University Athletics Boosters) Donor
- John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation Board of Trustees
- Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees Board Member and Chairman
- Bowling Green State University Foundation Board Member
- U.S. Lacrosse Foundation Board Member and Chairman
- Huntington National Bank Board Member
- Toledo Hospital Foundation Board Member
- United Way Alexis de Tocqueville Society Chairman and Donor
- Junior Achievement of Greater Toledo Board Member and Chairman
- American Football Coaches Association Board Member
- USA Football Board Member (National Governing Body)
Mr. Wilcox is not only a widely respected authority in the financial sector, but also a successful entrepreneur who owns several other companies in Toledo, OH. He and his wife, Jan, have a son, Ben, a Financial Advisor at Wilcox Financial and Wilcox Sports Management, and a daughter, Sarah, a Partner Services Coordinator for IMG College, Columbus, Ohio.