U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, form 1969 through 2007 with a combination of active duty and reserve component services; retired as a Lieutenant Colonel.
How did your service prepare you to be a business owner?
Many obstacles lie in the path of even the most well-prepared entrepreneurs. The learning of discipline is a trait that enabled me to focus on accomplishing goals, despite whatever challenges I encountered along the way. I learned the ability to use what’s available and at-hand to find ways to stretch resources and obtain customers. The military taught me to be resilient and persistent when working toward my goals. I found that military leadership skills which are exemplified by vision, determination and sound ethics are highly desirable in business.
What advantages do you see to hiring veterans?
- They work well in a team.
- They have a sense of duty.
- They have a realistic estimation of self and ability based on experiences.
- They both organized and disciplined.
- They possess a strong work ethic.
- They are problem solvers and are creative.
- They adapt to changing situations.
- They follow rules and schedules.
Are there ways the region can better support veteran-owned businesses?
Provide advantages for veteran owned businesses, especially during bidding and quality-based selection.
What are some of your favorite things to do here in the Toledo Region?
Enjoy the area restaurants and jazz concerts.
Interested in learning more about TTL Associates, Inc.? Please visit www.ttlassoc.com.