As part of the endorsement process, all candidates from selected races who will appear on the Nov. 8 General Election ballot were invited to interview with members of The Leadership Fund Board. Candidates were evaluated on a set of criteria, which is below.
The Leadership Fund has voted to endorse:
Chief Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court
- Justice Sharon Kennedy
Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court
- Justice Pat DeWine
- Justice Pat Fischer
- Candidates that understand and support the concerns and interests of the Toledo Region's businesses.
- Candidates with positions and voting records (where applicable) that support the interests of the region's businesses.
- Likelihood of candidate to represent the interests of local business in the governing process when elected.
- The candidate's knowledge and understanding of key business issues.
- A general understanding of business and its role in the community.
- Community involvement and leadership.
- Leadership positions held within the elective body (if the candidate is seeking reelection or election after being appointed).
- Overall electability, including fundraising, commitment and public image.
More information about The Leadership Fund and the endorsement process can be obtained from Leadership Fund Board Chair Tim Greenwood.
Contact Stacey Mallett at the Chamber at 567.420.1240 with all information requests.
Paid for by The Leadership Fund