As part of the endorsement process, all candidates from selected races who will appear on the Nov. 8 General Election ballot were invited to interview with members of The Leadership Fund Board. Candidates were evaluated on a set of criteria, which is below.
The Leadership Fund has voted to endorse:
Ohio Senate, District 11
- Paula Hicks-Hudson
Ohio House of Representatives, District 41
- Joshua Williams
Ohio House of Representatives, District 43
- Wendi Hendricks
Ohio House of Representatives, District 44
- Elgin Rogers
Ohio House of Representatives, District 75
- Representative Haraz Ghanbari
Lucas County Commissioner
- Lisa Sobecki
- Candidates that understand and support the concerns and interests of the Toledo Region's businesses.
- Candidates with positions and voting records (where applicable) that support the interests of the region's businesses.
- Likelihood of candidate to represent the interests of local business in the governing process when elected.
- The candidate's knowledge and understanding of key business issues.
- A general understanding of business and its role in the community.
- Community involvement and leadership.
- Leadership positions held within the elective body (if the candidate is seeking reelection or election after being appointed).
- Overall electability, including fundraising, commitment and public image.
Contact Stacey Mallett at the Chamber at 567.420.1240 with all information requests.
Paid for by The Leadership Fund