The Leadership Fund, the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce's political action committee, was formed in 2001. The purpose is to promote candidates in the Toledo region who understand and work to preserve a pro-business climate in our region. The fund supports candidates at the local and state level and does not endorse candidates for federal office.
City of Toledo - Council
Carrie Hartman, At-Large
Sam Melden, District 5
City of Maumee - Council
What the Leadership Fund looks for in a candidate for endorsement:
- Candidates that understand and support the concerns and interests of the Toledo Region's businesses.
- Candidates with positions and voting records (where applicable) that support the interests of the region's businesses.
- Likelihood of the candidate to represent the interests of local business in the governing process when elected.
- The candidate's knowledge and understanding of key business issues.
- A general understanding of business and its role in the community.
- Community involvement and leadership.
- Leadership positions held within the elective body (if the candidate is seeking reelection or election after being appointed).
- Overall electability, including fundraising, commitment and public image.
More information about The Leadership Fund and the endorsement process can be obtained from Leadership Fund Board Chair Tim Greenwood.
Contact Stacey Mallett, Vice President of Communications, at the Chamber at 567.420.1240 with all information requests.
Paid for by The Leadership Fund