- You have the support of the Toledo Chamber as well as the Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE) and Medical Mutual. If you are reading this, you are likely already a member of the chamber and realize the value of your membership. The chamber partners with Medical Mutual and COSE to offer the MEWA to small business owners and their employees to help with the increasing cost of healthcare benefits.
- Favorable rating of likeminded companies. The way a MEWA works is by getting together a group of similar small business employers to pool their contributions in a self-contributing benefits plan for their employees. By pooling your contributions with other employers, you are better positioned to offer the best benefit package to your employees due to economies of scale.
- Strength of network. As a chamber member, the COSE MEWA gives you and your employees access to Medical Mutual’s high-quality network of doctors and major hospitals across the state. Whether you’re looking for a narrow or broad network plan, your employees will be able to access the providers they want and need.
- Specialty Products. In addition to our health plans, we offer dental, vision and life & disability insurance coverage, plus options like hospital, accident and critical illness insurance. Through Medical Mutual, your employees have access to our SuperDental network, one of Ohio’s largest dental networks, as well as national vision carriers like VSP and EyeMed. Offering a complete benefits package to your staff can improve overall employee satisfaction and retain talent.
- Cost savings. Since the COSE MEWA is not subject to certain state health insurance regulations and benefit mandates, this type of plan may be less expensive for your group than similar plans on the exchange. In addition, your rate will be determined by expanded criteria including medical history and gender to allow us to better tailor the costs to the unique characteristics of your group.
- Wellness benefits. Through Medical Mutual, the COSE MEWA offers a comprehensive suite of wellness and disease management programs designed to promote healthy lifestyle behaviors. These wellness programs start with a health assessment to provide a baseline to help your employees better understand their health and identify risk factors for disease. Additional programs are available including the Health Resource Center on My Health Plan, fitness discounts, access to the QuitLine program for tobacco users and a WW® (formerly Weight Watchers) reimbursement.
For more information on the various COSE MEWA product offerings, please contact your broker. If you don’t have a broker, we can help you find one by calling the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce at 419-243-8191.