Assistant Professor, Marketing and International Business, The University of Toledo
Dr. Elizabeth Napier is currently an Assistant Professor of Marketing and International Business at The University of Toledo. Elizabeth holds degrees in Anthropology (BA), International Business (MA), and received her Ph.D. in Marketing with a specialization in International Business from Georgia State University. Due to her interdisciplinary education, she has a unique understanding of what correspondingly motivates individuals and firms.
Her research focuses on the investigation of multinational firms and their interaction with local markets and their surrounding ecosystems. The topics she is most interested in include corporate social responsibility (CSR), sustainable social responsibility (SSR), international business ethics, global business strategy, and the internationalization of the firm.
Elizabeth has contributed to the academic community via participation and chairing sessions at premier conferences such as the Academy of International Business, the American Marketing Association, and the Consortium for International Marketing Research. In addition, her publications have appeared in journals including International Business Review, Rutgers Business Review, and contributions to various book chapters.
Global Business Attraction Manager, American Electric Power
Three Things to Know
- As a Global Business Attraction Manager at American Electric Power (AEP), one of the largest investor-owned utilities in the U.S., Emily manages AEP's foreign direct investment program. She supports existing and prospective international-owned business customers when expanding or locating in AEP's 11-state service territory.
- She brings nearly a decade of experience in international trade development at the state level from both Michigan and Ohio. Emily previously served as the Director of International Trade for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. Before that, she was a fellow and legislative aide in The Ohio House of Representatives.
- Emily earned her Juris Doctor degree from Capital University Law School, and her bachelor’s degrees in International Business and Spanish/International Studies from the Ohio State University.
- Emily calls herself "a recovering study abroad addict," having studied in Argentina, Cuba, Ecuador and Spain.
- She is on the board of directors for Seeds of Caring, a central Ohio organization whose mission is to empower kids to create a kinder community with their hearts, hands and minds.
- Emily is a certified yoga instructor and teaches kids yoga in her free time.
- She resides in Westerville, Ohio, with her husband, two human children (4 and 2), and two fur children.
- Emily and her husband were both born and raised in northwest Ohio (Delta) and most of their family still lives there.